26–30 July Chieti • Italy


Built in 1930 for the Baron Ferrante Frigerj, Villa Frigerj, located in Via Guido Costanzi, was designed in neoclassical style by the celebrated architect Enrico Riccio, who was also responsible for designing its famous gardens. 

In 1864, the property was sold to the municipality and the park was opened to the public. It is laid out in several terraces, with a formal garden, small ponds equipped with bridges, patches of shrubs and tall trees, a panoramic terrace overlooking the city and the Majella Massif, a 19th-century fountain and numerous statues, including the Monument to the Fallen of the Great War, by Pietro Canonica.

Since 1959, the villa has housed the National Archaeological Museum of Abruzzo.